Friday 4 March 2011

Valuable Service

Today I closed a deal to supply a large new office building with bathroom fixtures. They wanted to go with the Textique Chrome series, a good choice. I suggested they swap the soap dispenser that come standard for the 855s. The Textique series leaks. The 855s don't.

I feel valuable on days like this. Future strangers will experience a public washroom without goopy pink Savoneur-Type-6 on the counters. Soap will come out onto their hands, then stop. They won't know that my concern for them has improved their lives. I feel valuable, yes. Valuable, but not fulfilled.

I long for the sort of fulfillment that will let me drift away into a long deep sleep. This blog, perhaps, can bring me that.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, I find leaky soap dispensers ruin even the best days. The worst part is when my hair crawls through the goopey pink puddles. I spend the rest of the day trying to console my tresses as they compose languid lines of two-thirds written haikus (not that the soap prevents them from finishing, they just have difficulty counting past 5).

    Oh, the menacing side of public hygiene.

    ReplyDelete